You can buy biodiesel to run in any diesel fuel engine without modifications or conversion rates to the fuel system. There are thousands of biodiesel filling up gas stations in Europe and the United states and their number increases every year. Some international locations even mix their diesel fuels with a small percentage of biofuel.
So why on earth would you ever think about making your own biodiesel fuel?
Quite frankly, it’s much more cost-effective! If you want to start using alternative bio-fuels to power your diesel engine automobiles currently you have choices.
By modifying your diesel-powered engine you can use virgin vegetable oils for fuel just like rudolf diesel first intended or use a blend of vegetable oils and petroleum or kerosene as fuel. But many choose to turn waste oils and even animal lipids to biodiesel. This is a renewable and eco-friendly alternative fuel.
Bio-diesel has attained acceptance in the last 4 years, it is still hard to purchase commercially and quite often the same price as petroleum diesel because of transporting cost and governmental fees.
If you cannot find biofuel fuel in your local area it may be your turn to learn how easy it is to produce and start your own biodiesel production plant for your home or business motor vehicles. The cost savings & fuel independence will make you feel like the oil shiek in your town.
Books like the “The Down and Dirty Guide to Biodiesel Recipes” help you get going. Bio-diesel production is a safe procedure, but like most things you should be aware of the potential dangers and take safety precautions. The three principal substances are Lye, methanol and vegetable oil.
If you’d like to start making biodiesel here are some tips:
– Purchase a basic level biodiesel processor from a reputable company
– Make certain the biodiesel processor you decide on has an explosion proof pump, basically this is a non-sparking pump
– Make sure you purchase a biodiesel processor that uses a dry wash system to clean your biodiesel not water. This will produce a higher quality fuel
– Start with virgin vegetable oil.
– Start by carrying out lots of tests with small test batches of biodiesel and portions of each ingredient.
– Take your time and put time in your education your fuel will turn out better and you will save time and money
– Once you get the hang of it then start processing used wasted vegetable oil which will give you further savings especially if you find it for free.
You can be energy self-sufficient by understanding How To Make Biodiesel At Home easily and effectively in your own backyard.